Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Talk to your taxi driver



There isn’t anyone who is going to tell you it's time to grow up. Well, there is, but you probably won’t listen to them. I don’t mean growing up in the way of paying your bills, or moving out of your parents' house, or buying your own car. I mean growing up in the sense of knowing who you are, understanding your values and being true to your core.
There is a moment in life when you know it's time to make a change. I call it your “happiness GPS” pointing you in the right direction. Something inside you is telling you, “This is not the right way,” and sometimes, if you continue to go in the wrong direction, the universe will send you a big wake up call. This is what happened to me.
I went to college to be a teacher and entered a five-year bachelor's/master's program when I was 20 years old. Anyone who thinks they know who they are when they are 20 years old is horribly mistaken. When I was 20, I was convinced I was going to be married by 23, have children at 26, and be happily settled with my husband in the suburbs. But my “happiness GPS” had other plans for me.........
A Cab Driver's Challenge To Get Healthy Changed My Life >> Read More

1 comment:

  1. happiness GPS, what great idea of expressing yourself about direction in life?
    It could be Love GPS, family GPS, sex life GPS or GPS for anything which require multiple stages of making decisions to improve ones life / situation

    ReplyDelete